What is the Joomla!® CMS?
Joomla is an award-winning open source content management system (or CMS), which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications.
Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, make Joomla popular.
Best of all, Joomla! is open source.
What is a Content Management System?
"A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them.
Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage.
The CMS manages all your content, so you don't have to.
CMS also helps you track your content easily and help you develop and manage your content in the best possible way."
"Open Source software is software that can be freely accessed, used, changed, and shared (in modified or unmodified form) by anyone." Source: Open Source Initiative.
Why use Joomla! CMS rather than traditional HTML?
Here are just a few reasons why we think you will like using a Joomla! CMS website.
- No prior knowledge of HTML or PHP is required on the part of the website administrator.
- Large teams of contributors can work on one website if you want to spread the load of managing a busy site.
- Consistent styling across your website - controlled by one or more templates.
- Intuitive website control panel - though some coaching may be useful to help you get started.
- Reduced website maintenance costs - when you learn how to maintain and keep your website secure.
- Ease of keeping your website up to date with fresh content.
- Thousands of third party extensions are listed in the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
WYNCHCO Joomla! CMS Support
We coach, help and support managers with responsibility for Joomla! websites in organisations across Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, North West England & the UK.