XML Site Map
In this article we cover how to:
- create & display a Site Map in your website,
- configure the Site Map,
- view & copy an XML Site Map URL for submission to search engines, and
- hide Menu Links from your published Site Map.
The OSMap Site Map Extension
We like this one: OSMap.
When installed it will create:
- an HTML Site Map for display within your website, and
- XML Site Maps (web pages & images) which you may submit to the search engines.
How to create & display an XML Site Map
Create a Site Map
To create a Site Map, select Components > OSMap from the menu at the top of your website control panel.
Then select the NEW button.
Create a Menu Link to the Site Map
Before your Site Map can be displayed in your website you will need to create a Menu Link.
It is necessary to create a special type of Menu Item: OSMap Menu Item.
This type of Menu Item will be displayed in the NEW Menu Link options after installing OSMap.
How to configure the Site Map
It is important to configure the Site Map before:
- publishing an HTML version in the front end of your website, and
Work smarter NOT harder!
We coach, help and support managers of businesses and organisations across Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, North West England and the UK.