Joomla! 4.0.0 Beta 3 is launched for testing
Release date: 29 July 2020.
Beta 3 follows release of Beta 2 just one month ago and Beta 1 just two months ago.
And this release is accompanied by the release of Joomla! 3.10 Alpha 1.
Joomla! 3.10 is the jumping off point for live sites to upgrade to Joomla! 4 when the STABLE version of Joomla! 4 becomes available, which should now not be very far away!
Users of WYNCHCO Website Designs will be pleased to note that WYNCHCO Templates are ready and waiting for use with the Stable Version of Joomla! 4 when it is released.
Customers who subscribe to one of our Joomla! CMS Support services will be at the front of the queue when we commence upgrading customer's websites.
DO NOT upgrade your live site to Joomla 4.0.0 Beta 3.
DO NOT upgrade your live site to Joomla! 3.10 Alpha 1 either.
Reason: Beta releases are for testing purposes ONLY.
Wait for the stable releases when they are announced in due course.
Can't wait to try Joomla! 4 for yourself?
We can help.
Hear what George Wilson, Lead Developer, has to say about Joomla! 4
George Wilson, Lead Developer, contributed to a one hour discussion about Joomla! 4 in Spring 2020.
The video chat was the first of several organised by Joomlashack during the first weeks of the C-19 Lockdown.
Joomla! 4 Key Features & Benefits
- Install Joomla in the blink of an eye: An easier, faster and more user-friendly install process.
- Brand new User Interfaces: (backend and frontend): intuitive and logical, easy to understand and use.
- Joomla is people first: We aim to ensure that the templates are accessible (Level AA of WCAG 2.1).
- A fully rebuilt Media Manager: With a clear and logical User Interface and built-in image editing options.
- A new Workflow: Manage your content in an advanced and customisable way.
- Web Services: Make your content accessible to other websites and for easy mobile app creation.
- Cast-iron security features: Features like support for prepared SQL statements, so your website stays safe and secure.
- HTML Mail Templates: Customisation of the emails, sending emails from your site has never been so easy!
- Improved and expanded Command Line Interface (CLI): For smooth integration of your components.
- A cleaner and more powerful codebase: The code has been cleaned up thoroughly, all Joomla 3.x deprecated functions have been removed, and we use PHP namespaces, enabling developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before.
- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS.
- An enhanced event dispatching system.
Be ready for when Joomla! 4 is launched
The best way to prepare for the launch of the Joomla! 4 series is to make sure your website is always using the latest available release of Joomla! CMS.
We also recommend that you protect your assets by installing a Web Application Firewall.
And ensure the server hosting your website is using PHP 7.3 or later.
Need help, just ask.