The latest release of Joomla! CMS includes patches to address several vulnerabilities.
But also lots of great improvements, the most useful of which may well prove to be this one: Improved Workflow.
We strongly recommend that you update your Joomla! website without delay.
New features introduced with Joomla! 3.7
Joomla! 3.7 includes the following major new features, including Improved Workflow:
- Improved Workflow - create a category, article, and menu item all in one step from within the menu manager.
- Improved User Experience - including a flatter control panel template.
- Control Panel User Groups - ability to create a different configuration for each of your control panel user groups.
- Improved Default Content Editor - including new buttons to easily add menu links and contacts and many other improvements.
- Easier Extension Maintenance - including steps to help prevent administrators from accidentally uninstalling important extension package elements.
- Custom Fields - for inclusion in articles, users and contacts.
- Multilingual Associations Component - translate your content easily from a single, unified interface.
Avoid trashing your website when you update its Joomla! CMS
Any update can break your website.
Perform a FULL backup of your website (database and files) before installing any update.
Sound advice from the Joomla! Project
The Joomla! Project earlier issued the following advice when announcing the imminent release of Joomla! 3.7.
Joomla! 3.7 will be a normal update just like previous 3.x versions.
If your site is not already running 3.6.5, we strongly urge you to update immediately.
Joomla! 3.6.5 was a security release and your site is at risk if you are running a previous version.
As always, before upgrading it is important to update all of your third party extensions and also to take and test a full backup of your site.
This is also a great time to connect with your hosting company and check your PHP and database versions.
We recommend upgrading to PHP 7 or 7.1 as it will bring a considerable speed boost to your site.
WYNCHCO Joomla! CMS Support
We coach, help and support managers with responsibility for Joomla! websites in organisations across Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, North West England & the UK.