The SECURITY panel of the cPanel Hosting Control Panel includes a button called IP BLOCKER.
You can use IP BLOCKER to either block the IP address 1 of others, or unblock your own IP address if ever you suspect it has been blocked by the server firewall.
Here are two examples when your own IP address may be blocked:
- your email client settings are wrong, resulting in several failed attempts to send/receive email,
- your website control panel is malfunctioning with the result that you see Error 403 screens followed by the screen shown below.
1 IP address = an identifier for a computer or device on a network, for example, the internet.
Browser screen when your IP has been blocked
You will see the following error message in your browser after a website malfunction triggers a number of Error 403 screens.
If you see this message then you can unblock your IP by following the steps below.
Your connection to this server has been blocked in this server's firewall.
You need to contact the server owner for further information.
How to check whether your IP has been blocked
- Sign into your Hosting Control Panel.
- Scroll down to the SECURITY panel.
- Select the IP BLOCKER button.
- Browse the list of IP addresses.
PERSONAL & LOCAL Joomla! CMS Support
We coach, help and support managers with responsibility for Joomla! websites in organisations across Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, North West England & the UK.