Resolving email problems
Email problems can be very frustrating.
Sending and receiving email looks easy but the process is very complex.
On the bright side, this makes finding a solution very satisfying!
The level of complexity means are many potential reasons why your email won't work.
- incorrect email account settings,
- changed email password,
- email client software malfunction,
- computer operating system corruption,
- computer's firewall blocking email traffic,
- ISP (internet service provider) blocking mail ports,
- IP (internet protocol) address on a blocklist,
- email message in breach of web host's email sending limits,
- email content blocked by recipient server's spam filters.
Has your IP Address been BLOCK LISTED?
Block listing occurs to protect the world wide web from the threat of spam activity.
If your IP Address has been identified as offering such a threat then it will have been added to a block list.
Have you received any Email Error Messages?
The error message will usually indicate the root cause of the problem you are experiencing.
Send the error code to your hosting company technical support when you contact them.
Technical support will usually ask you to send:
- a copy of any Bounce Back Error Message you have received,
- the IP Address from which you are trying to send / receive email.
Occasionally, technical support may ask you to provide a copy of the
full email headers