Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin
Joomla! is intrinsically spam proof
And second, the Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin enables you to add reCAPTCHA to your website.
In this article
What does Captcha do?
How to enable Captcha - Recaptcha.
Captcha and the Contact Form.
Captcha and the User Registration Form.
Core vs 3rd Party Plugin
Correct use of the Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin will effectively prevent most, if not all, spambots from bothering you when you enable it to work with:
- User Registration (if enabled) and
- Contacts page Contact Form (when published).
Even when Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin is enabled you will receive some spam mail and user registrations.
Google Captcha Keys
The Joomla! CMS Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin is disabled by default in WYNCHCO website designs.
Reason: its use requires Google Captcha Keys.
To obtain these you need to first open an account with Google.
When you do, this article will help you:
- create a Google Account,
- acquire Google Captcha Keys.
- configure and activate the Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin,
- protect User Registration when it is activated, and
- protect the Contact Form when it is enabled.
Work smarter NOT harder!
We coach, help and support managers of businesses and organisations across Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, North West England and the UK.