Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin
Protect User Registration & Your Contacts Form
Joomla! is intrinsically spam proof
And second, the Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin enables you to add reCAPTCHA to your website.
In this article
What does Captcha do?
How to enable Captcha - Recaptcha.
Captcha and the Contact Form.
Captcha and the User Registration Form.
Core vs 3rd Party Plugin
Correct use of the Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin will effectively prevent most, if not all, spambots from bothering you when you enable it to work with:
- User Registration (if enabled) and
- Contacts page Contact Form (when published).
Even when Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin is enabled you will receive some spam mail and user registrations.
Google Captcha Keys
The Joomla! CMS Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin is disabled by default in WYNCHCO website designs.
Reason: its use requires Google Captcha Keys.
To obtain these you need to first open an account with Google.
When you do, this article will help you:
- create a Google Account,
- acquire Google Captcha Keys.
- configure and activate the Captcha - Recaptcha Plugin,
- protect User Registration when it is activated, and
- protect the Contact Form when it is enabled.