Joomla! 4 and 3.10 are launched by The Joomla! Project!
The Joomla! Project has announced the release of Joomla! CMS 4.0 Stable.
The launch takes place on Joomla's 16th Birthday four years after the Joomla! 3.9 Series was launched (back in 2018).
Here is how The Joomla! Project made the announcement on their website:
"Let’s celebrate! Today is an important day for the Joomla! Project. We’re celebrating our 16th birthday. But that’s not all… After 9 years of hard work by our volunteers, we are proud to announce the release of our new major version, Joomla 4.0, alongside Joomla 3.10, known as “the bridge”."
Source: The Joomla! Project.
And here is an extract from the official news statement which trailed today's launch.
"Nearly nine long years in the making, Joomla 4 is finally here. This open source, community project has delivered a Content Management System that has been downloaded over 123,000,000 times in its 16 years. Translated into 77 languages and with over 2.5 million sites.
At 3.1% Joomla is the third most popular CMS accounting for one in every 50 websites on the internet.
With over 9% of all business websites, Joomla’s emphasis on accessibility, speed, security and SEO out of the box make it the CMS of choice for sites that want to expand and grow."
Source: The Joomla! Project.
SUBSCRIBERS to WYNCHCO Joomla! CMS Support
Our JOOMLERS.UK Guide is currently being adapted from Joomla! 3.9 to Joomla! 4.
WYNCHCO Templates are compatible with Joomla! 4.
WYNCHCO Website Designs are being created using the Joomla! 4 CMS.
Upgrade from Joomla! 3.9 to Joomla! 4 is included in your Joomla! CMS Support package.
We will be in touch shortly with a plan for upgrading YOUR website.
Hear what George Wilson, Lead Developer, has to say about Joomla! 4
George Wilson, Lead Developer, contributed to a one hour discussion about Joomla! 4 in Spring 2020.
The video chat was the first of several organised by Joomlashack during the first weeks of the C-19 Lockdown.
Joomla! 4 Key Features & Benefits
- Install Joomla in the blink of an eye: An easier, faster and more user-friendly install process.
- Brand new User Interfaces: (backend and frontend): intuitive and logical, easy to understand and use.
- Joomla is people first: We aim to ensure that the templates are accessible (Level AA of WCAG 2.1).
- A fully rebuilt Media Manager: With a clear and logical User Interface and built-in image editing options.
- A new Workflow: Manage your content in an advanced and customisable way.
- Web Services: Make your content accessible to other websites and for easy mobile app creation.
- Cast-iron security features: Features like support for prepared SQL statements, so your website stays safe and secure.
- HTML Mail Templates: Customisation of the emails, sending emails from your site has never been so easy!
- Improved and expanded Command Line Interface (CLI): For smooth integration of your components.
- A cleaner and more powerful codebase: The code has been cleaned up thoroughly, all Joomla 3.x deprecated functions have been removed, and we use PHP namespaces, enabling developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before.
- The power of the Joomla Framework merged into the CMS.
- An enhanced event dispatching system.
AND IMPROVED SECURITY courtesy of Joomla! Web Authentication.
Be ready for when Joomla! 4 is launched
The best way to prepare for the launch of the Joomla! 4 series is to make sure your website is always using the latest available release of Joomla! CMS.
We also recommend that you protect your assets by installing a Web Application Firewall.
Need help, just ask.
Useful Joomla! 4 Links
Make Joomla! CMS Security YOUR #1 Priority